Having recently launched, Wild Eye Releasing’s sister label Visual Vengeance has unearthed another SOV (shot on video) gem from the 1980s and 1990s in the form of L.A. Aids Jabber, originally released in 1994.
One of the rarest and most sought-after bad taste movies of the SOV era. Jeff (Jason Majick, “A Dangerous Place”), a mentally unstable young man is diagnosed with AIDS and takes his anger out on the world by filling a syringe with his own tainted blood and trolling the seedy streets of Los Angeles looking for victims in an acid-washed and venomous delirium. Police slowly piece together his crimes in an attempt to stop this ticking virus time bomb from jabbing again. This is the first wide release of the movie since it was self-distributed by director Drew Godderis himself, and the Blu-ray is packed with newly produced bonus features and commentary from the original creators.
What will be on the Blu-Ray? Here are the special features:
– Commentary Track with Director Drew Godderis
– Lethal Injection: The Making of the film.
– Bleeding The Pack: An Interview with Lead Actor Jason Majick
– L.A. AIDS JABBER – 2021 Locations Visit
– Interview with Blood Diner Director Jackie Kong
– Actress Joy Yurada Interview
– Cast and crew Interviews
– Liner notes by Tony Strauss of Weng’s Chop Magazine
– Limited Edition Slipcover – FIRST PRINTING ONLY
– Reversible BR sleeve featuring original VHS art
– Collectible Mini-poster
– ‘Stick your own’ VHS sticker set
– And More
L.A. Aids Jabber is getting a release this August from Visual Vengeance!