It’s that time again! With lots of news, it’s sometimes hard to catch up on everything, so here is the next edition of World Film Geek’s In Case You Missed It.
- The Flash movie for Warner Brothers and DC Comics is now on the hunt for a new director as Seth Grahame-Smith, who was due to make his directorial debut on the film, has dropped out of the project due to “creative differences”.
- Space Jam 2, a long rumored sequel to star Lebron James is developing fast with a major rumor that Justin Lin is in talks to direct.
- While we in the U.S. wait for Captain America: Civil War, the film has already scored over $200 million worldwide.
- There is a rumor that Ben Affleck could have total creative control of the solo Batman film and that many of the Rogues’ Gallery of villains could be appearing in the film.
- Karl Urban had mentioned that he would love a sequel to his 2012 version of the character Judge Dredd. At a comic convention, he mentioned conversations are happening, but nothing is set in stone yet he expressed that the sequel should go to Amazon or Netflix.
- Bone Tomahawk director S. Craig Zahler is writing a script for a reboot of one of the top 80’s-90’s B-horror movies….Puppet Master. His script, Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich, would start a new series of films based on Charles Band‘s cult film classic. (Image above from Puppet Master II).
- Jeremy Irons will return as Alfred Pennyworth in Justice League and J.K. Simmons will be playing Gotham City police Commissioner James Gordon. Irons played Alfred in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, which is set to close out with $875 million.
- Tom Hiddleston had admitted that he may have been a premature when he mentioned that Thor: Ragnarok would be his final film as the mischievous Loki. Could this mean he will appear in Avengers: Infinity War? Only time will tell.
- Joe and Anthony Russo, the duo behind Captain America: Civil War and the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War have told the Los Angeles Times they have formed a new company to boost the Chinese market, and one of the projects they are helping out with is Wolf Warrior II, a sequel to the Wu Jing military action film. Wu is returning to both star and direct the sequel set for 2017.
- The Martial Arts Kid 2 is currently in development. The project was announced on the DVD & Blu-Ray of the original film’s featurette of the making of the film. Most of the cast is expected to return.
- Get ready for another horror match-up fight, only this time we are heading to Japan! Ringu‘s Sadako and Ju-On‘s Kayako will be facing off against each other in a new film for the soul of a potential victim.
- If Entertainment Weekly’s Summer Movie Preview proves correct, we will finally see Kickboxer: Vengeance, starring Alain Moussi and Jean-Claude Van Damme on August 19, 2016.
And that’s your latest edition of In Case You Missed It!!!