After a week-long vacation, World Film Geek is back with a special edition of In Case You Missed It. So, here we go!!!
- He’s finally arrived! That’s right…we’re talking about Spider-Man. Actor Tom Holland, who has signed to play the new Marvel Cinematic Universe’s wall-crawling hero, made his debut in the brand new trailer to Captain America: Civil War. See the photo above.
- Sylvester Stallone surprised everyone when it was revealed he may have a small part in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, currently in production. The role? A cameo appearance as one of the Ravagers.
- Pop star and Disney actress Zendaya has joined the cast of Marvel’s Spider-Man. She joins the aforementioned Holland and Marisa Tomei, who will play Aunt May.
- From Jameson to Gordon! J.K. Simmons has joined the cast of the two-part Justice League films in the role of Gotham City Police Commissioner Jim Gordon. Simmons starred in the original Spider-Man big screen trilogy as mouthy Daily Bugle head J. Jonah Jameson.
- Let’s Be Cops actor Jake Johnson has joined the cast of Universal’s Mummy reboot. Johnson will play military officer alongside Tom Cruise‘s special forces operative who must find himself face to face with the titular character, which goes through a gender reversal in the form of Sofia Boutella (Kingsman: The Secret Service). Annabelle Wallis has also joined the film in an unspecified role.
- Just when it got good, it comes crashing down. Tim Burton has denied that the long awaited Beetlejuice 2 was given the greenlight. However, staying optimistic and support through interviews are original stars Michael Keaton and Winona Ryder, who pretty much said should the project get the greenlight, they will return.
- Morten Tyldum, the director of the beloved film The Imitation Game, is developing an English-language reboot of the 2011 Norwegian thriller Headhunters, based on the 2008 novel by Jo Nesbø. Tyldum directed the original film as well and the WFG review can be found here.
- Brian Tee, who plays the Shredder in the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows went on Instagram this past weekend to unveil the full look of his character.
- The Israeli duo behind the hit film Big Bad Wolves have signed on to direct a remake to the 1974 classic action film Death Wish and in more shocking news, Bruce Willis will play the iconic role of Paul Kersey, originated by the late Charles Bronson.
And that’s your latest In Case You Missed It!